Monday, May 22, 2006

Discrimination

I was helping my sister to find a job. So after so many years of not browsing jobsdb, jobstreet, phil-job and other interactive recruitment network, I logged on yesterday. And I was very shocked at the same time disappointed with what was listed in most of the qualifications! There are some companies who preferred single, male only, age not more than this, those who do not have a child or should be a graduate of this school. It's DISCRIMINATION! Filipinos being discriminated in their own country?! How cruel! What a shame! Bakit sila maglalagay ng ganung qualifications samantalang kung babasahin mo naman ang job description, wala naman kinalaman dun ang mga iyon. Ano na ba nangyayari sa pinas?

And my sister even told me that when she was interviewed, she was told that the employer don't prefer applicants having a child. How would people who wanted a career change be given a chance if some of the employers have that kind of attitude? It's bullshit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home