Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

I watched The Da Vinci Code last night with Augs, Nick and Jan. I haven't read the book yet and I didn't read any reviews about this movie to avoid spoilers. I'm so excited to watched it because aside from being a fan of mystery/thriller movies, I know that it will be a good one after reading Angels and Daemons.

The movie and the cast are good. I enjoyed watching it. Though, I feel that I need to learn more of Silas (who reminded me of the character from the movie Powder), Bishop Aringarosa, and Sir Leigh Teabing. Now, I have the reason to read the book. (Sometimes, I need to push my self to start reading a book, but once I started it,it would be hard for me to stop especially if it's a good one! hehe)

I noticed that Dan Brown's characters usually has a crippled man and a lady that was adopted and educated by the victim. A father-daughter relationship...hhmm..

I can't understand why the MTRCB (or was it the Manila City Council?) wanted to banned this movie from showing in the Philippines. I am a Catholic but I don't see this movie as disturbing or wrong. It's FICTIONAL! I guess, it depends on how people would interpret it. Let's be open-minded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home