Sunday, March 12, 2006

Driving Lessons

It did not occur to me that I would learn how to drive. I became so dependent to my husband. Whenever someone asked, “Why not learn how to drive?” I always replied, “Why would I? My husband knew how!” Even when the company told me that they’re planning to send me to the US of A, I still don’t have the urge. Why? I’m scared! (Imagine how the bus, taxi and jeepney drivers drive in Manila!) But it was also the time my husband told me that I should take a driving lesson. He said that it will be for my own good and he explained the advantage of it. He also said that there is something about driving. He didn’t explain what it is because it’s for me to discover. He even challenged me by saying “If other women can do it, why can’t you?”

Challenged by what he said and curious about that “something”, I took and finished the 10-hour lesson.

After months of driving here in the US, I finally realized what that “something” is. It is about:

  1. SELF-CONFIDENCE : My husband was right, if other people can do it, why can’t I?
  2. DISCIPLINE: How to obey traffic rules. Eh sino ba gusto makarinig ng “PULL OVER”?
  3. AWARENESS:
    • Be aware of the vehicles beside, behind and in front of you.
    • Watch out for those;
      • people who suddenly cross at night on a Hi-way where the speed is 50MPH. (Take note, at night and it’s green!) Remember, they have the right of way
      • drivers who changed lane without signal
      • drivers who’ll cut your way even if your speed is 60MPH!! (Yes, it’s not only in the Philippines)
    • Remember your entry and exit points . Don’t neglect the North, South, East and West signs.
  1. ANGER MANAGEMENT: I remember how I reacted to my husband whenever he said bad words while driving in Manila. Now, I understand! You can’t avoid it. Some drivers are quite annoying!

  2. MAKING DECISIONS: Drivers decide when to changed lane, turn, step on the accelator or hit the brake without hurting anybody.
  3. COURAGE: I got lost many times but still I managed to find my way back with no one to ask for the direction. It’s just my map and me.
  4. FREEDOM: I can go anywhere I want Anytime.

To sum it all up, to me, that “something” is about personal development.

6 Comments:

Blogger knottydon said...

i just found out about your blog, girl... ang landi sa photo talaga!!! miss ko na kayo sobra...

2:54 AM  
Blogger lala said...

sa wakas may blog ka na :)
oo nga dyosa ka dyan sa picture mo.

mwaaaa!

5:32 AM  
Blogger yats said...

oh my! you're so sexy raz! flawless!

6:41 AM  
Blogger raz said...

Thanks sa inyong lahat! pag pala naiinip ka or gusto mo i-entertain sarili mo, maiisip mo mag-blog or friendster.

heheh.. hanggang pictures lang naman ako kikay :) nag-attend kami ng mardi gras party nyan.

miss ko na kayo lahat.. mwahhh!!!

11:18 AM  
Blogger tabel said...

wow! sa wakas may entry na blog mo! korek ka dyan raz! pag naiinip ka, or for entertainment purposes eh mag-blog ka na lang. hehehe pero pwede din namang diary ito or panlabas ng sama ng loob divah?

speaking of divah, divang-diva ang pic ah. sosyal ang pic, tama sila don, lala and beng, lahat yun ikaw na ikaw sa pic mo. ingat sa pag-drive dyan!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Doths said...

hi raz!!!

may blog ka na pala.. now ko lang nalaman. hehehe...Ayuz ah! ganda mo naman sa pic, grabe! :D

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home